The gatekeepers shouted the news, and it was reported within the palace. – 2 Kings 7:11
Christian World News
Christian Headline News
The Daily Signal
- The Art of Tolerance in a Time of Tension and Distrust September 14, 2017In July 2012, two men entered the Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colorado. They asked the owner of the bakery, Jack Phillips, to custom-design a wedding... Read More The post The Art of Tolerance in a Time of Tension and Distrust appeared first on The Daily Signal.Sen. Mike Lee
- Trump: Rich Would Pay Same or More Under Tax Reform September 13, 2017The wealthy would pay the same individual income tax rate, or possibly see an increase, under his tax reform plan, President Donald Trump said Wednesday.... Read More The post Trump: Rich Would Pay Same or More Under Tax Reform appeared first on The Daily Signal.Fred Lucas
- Cruz Highlights 7 Ideas for Tax Reform September 13, 2017Sen. Ted Cruz thinks tax reform can help the average American. Tax reform is all about “the promise to remodel our antiquated, bureaucratic, ineffective tax... Read More The post Cruz Highlights 7 Ideas for Tax Reform appeared first on The Daily Signal.Rachel del Guidice
- Meet the Trump Nominee Key to Implementing Immigration Agenda September 13, 2017A Trump administration nominee key to implementing the president’s tough immigration agenda is still awaiting Senate confirmation despite having little trouble clearing committee. Lee Francis... Read More The post Meet the Trump Nominee Key to Implementing Immigration Agenda appeared first on The Daily Signal.Fred Lucas
- Farmers Banned From Farmers Market Over Religious Beliefs Get Their Day in Court September 13, 2017The case of a Michigan city that banned family farmers from selling their goods at a local farmers market due to their religious beliefs about... Read More The post Farmers Banned From Farmers Market Over Religious Beliefs Get Their Day in Court appeared first on The Daily Signal.Kelsey Harkness
- The National Debt Just Hit $20 Trillion. Here’s How Congress Can Restore Fiscal Sanity. September 13, 2017Our national debt just topped $20 trillion. That’s 13 zeros, or $20,000,000,000,000. This also means that the federal government now owes almost $1.5 trillion more... Read More The post The National Debt Just Hit $20 Trillion. Here’s How Congress Can Restore Fiscal Sanity. appeared first on The Daily Signal.Mollie McNeill
- Why This New Hampshire Democrat Wants to Restore Confidence in Voting Integrity September 13, 2017MANCHESTER, New Hampshire—Bill Gardner, New Hampshire’s Democratic secretary of state, is an institution in the state, having held the office for more than four decades,... Read More The post Why This New Hampshire Democrat Wants to Restore Confidence in Voting Integrity appeared first on The Daily Signal.Fred Lucas
- A Debt Crisis Is Coming, and We’re All to Blame September 13, 2017The largest threat to our prosperity is government spending that far exceeds the authority enumerated in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution. Federal spending... Read More The post A Debt Crisis Is Coming, and We’re All to Blame appeared first on The Daily Signal.Walter E. Williams
- Economist Calls for Adapting Gun Background Checks to Prevent Voter Fraud September 12, 2017GOFFSTOWN, N.H.—Republicans and Democrats could achieve a bipartisan compromise in preventing voter fraud by applying a Justice Department background check system already in place for... Read More The post Economist Calls for Adapting Gun Background Checks to Prevent Voter Fraud appeared first on The Daily Signal.Fred Lucas
- Religious Freedom Advocates Rebuke Al Franken for ‘Hate Group’ Slur September 12, 2017One of the nation’s most respected champions of religious liberty draws a line at being called a hate group by Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn. During... Read More The post Religious Freedom Advocates Rebuke Al Franken for ‘Hate Group’ Slur appeared first on The Daily Signal.Ken McIntyre
- Best Selling Christian & Messianic Author Challenges Israeli Sanhedrin Over Ban of Messianic Marriages September 13, 2017Contact: Bob Darling, 262-222-5406 GRAFTON, Wis., Sept 13, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Best-selling Christian and Messianic author of the "Restoring Truth" Series (a.co/860doam), is challenging the State of Israel's Sanhedrin (Rabbinic High Court of 70 leading Rabbis) who handle religious judgments for Jewish believers. The Sanhedrin has rule […]
- Christian Nonprofit Reaches Milestone of 7,000 Projects Worldwide September 13, 2017Contact: April Kelsey, 757-827-6704 HAMPTON, Va., Sept. 13, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- International Cooperating Ministries (ICM) in Hampton is celebrating as it undertakes its 7,000th project to aid Christians in the developing world. The achievement is especially meaningful considering that ICM has historically maintained a U.S.-based staff of less than […]
- Christianity Today Wins Excellence in Religion Reporting Awards September 13, 2017Contact: Cory Whitehead, 630-260-6200 ext 4220, email@example.com CAROL STREAM, Ill., Sept. 13, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Christianity Today won two top awards showcasing religion journalism excellence at the Religion News Association's annual awards banquet in Nashville, Tennessee on September 9, 2017. Christianity Today won first pla […]
- Foundation for Moral Law Defends Persecuted Christian Baker September 13, 2017Contact: John Eidsmoe, Foundation for Moral Law, 334-262-1245, firstname.lastname@example.orgMONTGOMERY, Ala., Sept. 13, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Foundation for Moral Law, a Montgomery nonprofit corporation dedicated to the defense of the Constitution as written and intended by its Framers and to the free exercise of religion, has filed an amicus brief with the U […]
- Does God Exist? September 13, 2017Author pulls the rug out from under modern day atheism, delivers complete defense of the existence of God Contact: Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276, KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 13, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- In a world that is increasingly attempting to declare that there is no God, Christians need to be equipped to defend the existence […]
- Pro-Life Groups to Cardinal O'Malley: Stop the Betrayals September 13, 2017Contact: William Cotter, 774-287-0751 BOSTON, Mass., Sept. 13, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- A coalition of pro-life organizations, activists, and journalists issued a public statement today calling upon Cardinal Sean O'Malley, the Archbishop of Boston, and the other Catholic bishops of Massachusetts, to stop their betrayals of the pro-life movement. In […]
- Exposing the Truth About the SPLC's 'Hate Labels' September 13, 2017Contact: Liberty Counsel, 407-875-1776, Media@LC.org; Press Kit ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 12, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) grossly misrepresents and recklessly labels Christian, pro-family and conservative nonviolent groups as "hate groups," lumping them in with violent groups like the KKK, Neo-Nazis and white su […]
- Swiss Lutherans Mark 500 Years of the Reformation September 12, 2017Contact: Media Office, World Council of Churches, +41 79 507 6363 GENEVE, Sept. 12, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Lutherans from all over Switzerland gathered in Geneva on 10 September for a eucharistic worship commemorating both the 500th anniversary of the Reformation and 50 years of the Federation of Lutheran Churches in Switzerland and the Principality o […]
- De Blasio's Monument Goals are Troubling September 12, 2017Contact: Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, 212-371-3191, email@example.comNEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's panel that will determine which monuments and other markers should be taken down: New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has empan […]
- New Book Exposes the Errors of Popular American Pastor John Piper September 12, 2017Contact: Cathy Mickels, 360-387-7373, firstname.lastname@example.orgSEATTLE, Sept. 12, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- A newly released book titled "Christian Hedonism? A biblical examination of John Piper's teaching," written by respected British author Dr. ES Williams, is sure to spark discussion and debate among American evangelicals. Examining the te […]
Big News NetworkUnable to display feed at this time.
Christian Broadcasting Newwork
- Harvey Recovery Continues, Operation Blessing on the Ground in Texas September 13, 2017PORT ARTHUR, Texas – Cleanup and recovery efforts continue in southeast Texas as people there deal with the devastation left by Tropical Storm-turned-Hurricane Harvey.
- The Quantum Leap in Hostility to Religious Rights: No Bible for 9-Year-Old, Just 1 of 1,400 Cases September 13, 2017The number of attacks on religious liberty has grown astronomically in the United States. That's the finding from researchers at the First Liberty Institute, non-profit legal group fighting for religious rights in America.
- Time to Rebuild or Repent? Benham Brothers Point to America's 'Storm Surge of Moral Corruption' September 13, 2017The Benham Brothers are speaking out on social media about the recent hurricanes in the country, calling them signs that America needs to repent.
- Wimple-Wearing, Chainsaw-Wielding Nun Saws Up Irma Debris September 13, 2017A pile of debris left after Hurricane Irma swept through Miami didn't stand a chance against one chainsaw-wielding nun.
- White House Launches Tax Cut Plan to Boost Businesses and the Middle Class September 13, 2017The president is moving quickly to shore up support both within and outside the Beltway for tax reform. He's calling for Congress to simplify the tax code and lower the rate for middle class families and businesses.
- Irma's Deadly Aftermath: Eight Die in Sweltering Florida Nursing Home September 13, 2017The terrible conditions in Irma's aftermath have now led to a deadly tragedy - the shocking death of 8 people at a nursing home. Others who stayed to brave Irma's wrath have been getting desperate as well, and Operation Blessing is bringing them aid and hope.
- Franklin Graham's End Times View: We're Seeing 'Biblical Signs Before Christ's Return' September 13, 2017Hurricane Irma's trail of destruction is the latest in a string natural disasters unfolding around the world and Evangelist Franklin Graham believes the ongoing events could be "Biblical signs before Christ's return."
- The Power of Prayer in Times of Disaster: What Kind of Difference Does It Make? September 12, 2017What kind of a difference did prayer make in the impact of Hurricane Irma? CBN News takes a look at the power of prayer in times of disaster.
- Tim Tebow Cheers WWII Vet in Hurricane Shelter September 12, 2017The video is shot in a Red Cross special needs shelter in Florida and the former college football star posted it on his Twitter page.
- Florida Reporter's Video Notebook: Flooding, Downed Trees & Power Lines September 12, 2017CBN News' Contributing Correspondent Chuck Holton has new video from some of the areas hit hardest by Hurricane Irma. Despite the widespread damage, he says many people are grateful that conditions aren't worse.
- A Deeper Debate over Drums in ChurchNative Christians still wrestle with how their culture fits into their churches. More than 20 years ago, Mohawk musician Jonathan Maracle says, God told him to use his drum—an instrument used in traditional religious ceremonies—while playing at a conference for First Nation Christians. The ensuing performance spawned his music ministry, Broken Walls. And it […]Morgan Lee
- Saudi Arabia’s Neighbor Defends Religious Freedom of IndividualsBahrain Declaration builds upon Marrakesh and Jakarta efforts by Muslim leaders. The cause of religious freedom received a significant boost from the Muslim world today. The island Kingdom of Bahrain—connected by bridge to Saudi Arabia—has declared “freedom of choice” to be a “divine gift.” “We unequivocally reject compelled observance,” states the Bahrain D […]Jayson Casper
- Why Girls Need CampChristian camp can be a powerful, confidence-building experience for girls. Over Labor Day weekend, I was in Miami with my youngest daughter. She keeps in touch with a number of friends she met at a camp she attended, so we met some for lunch. My daughter and I talked a bit in the car about why she loves camp, and it inspired me to write a bit on the topic. […]Ed Stetzer
- The Demanding Faith of Flannery O’ConnorIn her writing, O’Connor made belief believable. My family arrived in Atlanta in August, just before school started. To me, the South seemed a different world. Desperate to fit in, I felt unsophisticated and underdressed. Uninitiated. What a relief that my father’s pastorate, a Presbyterian church downtown, featured the usual: Sunday school, youth group, mid […]Karen Wright Marsh
- Protestants: The Most ‘Catholic’ of ChristiansNew confession by high-profile theologians gives post-Reformation unity a URL. The most obvious effect of the Reformation—which celebrates its 500th anniversary this year—is division. It is estimated that more than 33,000 different Christian denominations now exist throughout the world, and much of this is blamed on the Reformation. While some are making the […]Caleb Lindgren
- Almost No One in the US Believes in a ‘Consistent Ethic of Life’Pope Francis’s critique of President Trump would apply to 96 percent of Americans, surveys suggest. If President Donald Trump really was pro-life, Pope Francis said on Monday, then America’s chief executive wouldn’t end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. “If he is a good pro-life believer, he must understand that family is the cradle […]Ryan P. Burge
- Because God Is: A Tribute to Robert W. Jenson (1930-2017)Over 5 years of weekly dinners, ‘America’s Theologian’ became a mentor and a dear friend. I first met Robert Jenson in the fall of 2007, just after I had begun my doctoral studies at Princeton Theological Seminary. I had become friends with two other students, and one day one of us observed that a world-class theologian, whose books we were strongly encourag […]Matthew J. Aragon Bruce
- Survey: Being a Pastor’s Wife Is Good for Faith, Bad for FriendshipThough expectations have shifted, spouses still feel the weight of church drama. Today’s generation of pastors’ wives fill a different role than the dressed-up, casserole-toting caricature that came before them, but they still feel the pressures of being married to ministry. About 1 in 4 Protestant pastors’ spouses in the United States works a full-time job […]Kate Shellnutt
- The Fallacy of Spiritual GiftsGod uses weak people. Brett and Noelle are busy penciling in 200 dots in the spiritual gifts inventory they’ve been given by their local church. Nervously concentrating, Brett and Noelle work their way to question 200, hand in their sheets, and anxiously wait until next Sunday to discover their spiritual gifts. Next Sunday, they reconvene and eagerly open th […]Jeff Christopherson
- Disasters and the Christian Faith (Theology for Life)Dr. Jamie Aten directs the Humanitarian Disaster Institute (HDI) at Wheaton College. Episode 32: Disasters and the Christian Faith In this episode of Theology for Life, Lynn and Ed talk with Dr. Jamie Aten about how we face personal disaster and crisis. Aten talks about his own journey with a cancer diagnosis. What do we learn about God during these times, a […]Ed Stetzer
Voice Of The Martyrs NewsUnable to display feed at this time.
The Times Of Israel News
- A Jewish Father responds to his critics September 14, 2017I appreciate the feedback, both in support of how I resolved my very real dilemma, and against. Some of you were really passionate, I think that’s great! Let’s brainstorm together how to collectively get out of this quagmire before our children are totally lost at sea. The goal of my article was not to divide […]The post A Jewish Father responds to his criti […]A Jewish Father
- The curious views of Nachmanides September 14, 2017Nachmanides was a famed Bible and Talmud commentator. His real name was Moses ben Nahman Gerondi. He is known in Hebrew as Ramban and in European languages as Nahmanides, also spelt Nachmanides (1194-1270). He was a mystic and had mystical ideas. What are some of his views? Among much else, Nahmanides believed that Jews must […]The post The curious views of […]Israel Drazin
- Dear America: On 9/11, Israel Feels Your Pain September 14, 2017On September 11, 2001, the country that stands for democracy, freedom, and liberty, came under attack. Not since World War II’s Pearl Harbor attack by Japan had the United States faced true warfare on their soil. The result was more than significant, a seven year war on foreign ground and a stricter travel policy. Though, […]The post Dear America: On 9/11, I […]Jeff Seidel
- My “Ushpiza” September 14, 2017According to Kaballah, our forefathers come to visit with us at the sukkah. Each night of the festival, one great man leads the other “Ushpizin” (Aramaic for “guests”) as they enter our sukkah and grace us with their presence. Naturally, traditionally the Ushpizin are men, but this has been changing, as people introduced the custom […]The post My “Ushpiza” a […]Lesley Sachs
- Knowing your time benefits another is a fantastic feeling September 14, 2017Anyone with grandparents should count themselves lucky. I wish mine were still here to advise me about boyfriends, university, career and marriage. I only knew two of my grandparents and sadly, by the age of 16, I lost them. I have always felt the absence of my grandmother’s words of wisdom that came from a […]The post Knowing your time benefits another is a […]Amanda Yaffe
- Our teachers deserve top marks for the job they do September 14, 2017A few weeks ago, I was eating at a kosher restaurant when a lady approached me and started thanking me. She told me that last year, she had received a nomination for the Jewish Schools Awards 2017. She wasn’t a finalist, didn’t know who had nominated her, but said it was the first time she […]The post Our teachers deserve top marks for the job they do appea […]David Meyer
- Who actually speaks for us is ever more obscure September 14, 2017As Jewish families up and down the land prepare for the Yamin Noraim (Days of Awe), they may do so with a great sense of foreboding. Fears of an eruption of anti-Semitism on both sides of the Atlantic are at heightened levels. Here in Britain, an investigation by The Sunday Times reveals how neo-Nazi groups […]The post Who actually speaks for us is ever more […]Alex Brummer
- When returning to God, we are never alone [Parshat Nitzavim-Vayelech] September 14, 2017How often it is that we — and people we know — say, “I can’t help it. It’s in my nature to get angry.” Or, perhaps most commonly, “I give up. I’ll never be able to go on a diet and keep the weight off.” At this time of year, perhaps more than at any […]The post When returning to God, we are never alone [Parshat Nitzavim-Vayelech] appeared first on The Blogs […]Shlomo Riskin
- A new approach to identifying hatred September 14, 2017The report by CST and JPR on anti-Semitism in Great Britain, the biggest ever survey of attitudes to Jews and Israel in this country, was two years in the planning and involved months of fieldwork and analysis to answer what sounds like a simple question: how anti-Semitic is our country? In fact, this question is […]The post A new approach to identifying hat […]Dave Rich
- What a traffic jam in Jerusalem taught me? September 14, 2017The other day I was driving in the industrial zone of Givat Shaul, in Jerusalem. It was boiling hot and everyone on the street looked bothered. Then came a major traffic jam. A huge delivery truck, it had appeared, stopped in the middle of the road and the driver got out of the vehicle. To […]The post What a traffic jam in Jerusalem taught me? appeared first […]David Kramer