The gatekeepers shouted the news, and it was reported within the palace. – 2 Kings 7:11
Christian World News
Christian Headline News
The Daily Signal
- 1 Dead, 9 Injured as Car Slams Into Pedestrians at White Nationalist Rally August 12, 2017CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.—One person is dead and nine are injured after a vehicle plowed through a group of people Saturday near a demonstration by self-proclaimed white... Read More The post 1 Dead, 9 Injured as Car Slams Into Pedestrians at White Nationalist Rally appeared first on The Daily Signal.Ted Goodman
- The Other Russia Story We Need to Talk About Is Adoption August 12, 2017The Russian government uses orphans as political pawns. The story of thousands of innocent Russian children in need of adoption has been lost amid the... Read More The post The Other Russia Story We Need to Talk About Is Adoption appeared first on The Daily Signal.Mary Vought
- GOP Lawmakers Ask Jeff Sessions to End Operation Choke Point August 11, 2017Five high-ranking House Republicans have asked formally that the Trump administration end Operation Choke Point, an Obama administration program that critics say unfairly targets politically... Read More The post GOP Lawmakers Ask Jeff Sessions to End Operation Choke Point appeared first on The Daily Signal.Kelsey Harkness
- Trump on His Bond With Jeff Sessions: ‘It Is What It Is’ August 11, 2017President Donald Trump appeared to lack enthusiasm Thursday when he said his relationship with Attorney General Jeff Session is “fine”—after repeatedly expressing disappointment in the... Read More The post Trump on His Bond With Jeff Sessions: ‘It Is What It Is’ appeared first on The Daily Signal.Fred Lucas
- Cartoon: Putin’s Catch of the Day August 11, 2017The post Cartoon: Putin’s Catch of the Day appeared first on The Daily Signal.Michael Ramirez
- Yale Covers Up Gun in Stone Carving of Puritan, Indian August 11, 2017Yale University has covered up a musket on a stone carving depicting a hostile interaction between a Puritan settler and an American Indian, leaving the... Read More The post Yale Covers Up Gun in Stone Carving of Puritan, Indian appeared first on The Daily Signal.Rob Shimshock
- Clothing Suppliers Want Free Trade, Not Protectionism August 11, 2017A recent study shows that anti-trade rhetoric in the nation’s capital is worrying U.S. executives who represent clothing brands, retailers, importers, and wholesalers. This rhetoric... Read More The post Clothing Suppliers Want Free Trade, Not Protectionism appeared first on The Daily Signal.Robert Bellafiore
- WalletHub Gets It Exactly Wrong on Tax Incentives. Cronyism Is Not the Answer. August 11, 2017A new list that ranks states on the ease of starting a business puts Nevada at a dismal 35th using dubious methodology that drives down... Read More The post WalletHub Gets It Exactly Wrong on Tax Incentives. Cronyism Is Not the Answer. appeared first on The Daily Signal.Payton Alexander
- Must-See Moments of the Week: ‘Fire and Fury’ August 11, 2017It was a busy week in and outside the nation’s capital. The mainstream media says that President Donald Trump’s “fire and fury” statement was just... Read More The post Must-See Moments of the Week: ‘Fire and Fury’ appeared first on The Daily Signal.Video Team
- Why This Veteran With Terminal Brain Cancer Opposes Legalizing Assisted Suicide August 11, 2017A veteran is using his personal experiences to battle both physician-assisted suicide and terminal brain cancer to protect other patients. “In 2014, when I was... Read More The post Why This Veteran With Terminal Brain Cancer Opposes Legalizing Assisted Suicide appeared first on The Daily Signal.Katrina Willis
- Evangelist Alveda King: This is War -- Life in the War Zone August 11, 2017Contact: Leslie Palma, 347-286-7277 ATLANTA, Aug. 11, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Evangelist Alveda King releases the following and is available for comment: A friend recently asked me for my thoughts concerning camouflage. I didn't ask why, however the request prompted me to pen my reflections. In today's world, things are not always as they seem […]
- Judicial Watch Sues Justice Department for Comey's 'Exit Records' August 11, 2017Contact: Jill Farrell, Judicial Watch, 202-646-5172 WASHINGTON, Aug. 11, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Department of Justice for all non-disclosure agreements pertaining to the handling, storage, protection, dissemination, and/or return of classified informa […]
- Whole World is Praying for Peace on the Korean Peninsula August 11, 2017Contact: World Council of Churches, +41 79 507 6363; www.oikoumene.org/press GENEVE, Aug. 11, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- The World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) is the latest participating organization to announce it will join, on 13 August, a Sunday of Prayer for the Peaceful Reunification of the Korean Peninsula. Churches across the world are invited to […]
- DC's Newest Museum to Offer Free Admission August 11, 2017Contact: Michelle Farmer, 770-757-4900 WASHINGTON, Aug. 11, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Museum of the Bible, the 430,000-square-foot museum opening on Nov. 17 just three blocks from the U.S. Capitol, announced today it will not charge a fee for general admission. Similar to the admission policies of other museums, such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art and […]
- New Leaders Elected at AG General Council August 11, 2017Contact: Mark Forrester, Assemblies of God, 417-862-2781 ANAHEIM, Calif., Aug. 10, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Douglas E. Clay is the new general superintendent-elect of the U.S. Assemblies of God, elected Wednesday afternoon subsequent to George O. Wood, who has held the post for 10 years, withdrawing his name from contention. Wood asked General Council vo […]
- Pastor and Grammy-Winning Gospel Artist Smokie Norful to Release First Book August 10, 2017Contact: Tiffany Sawyer, 615-902-2231 NASHVILLE, August 10, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- When the pressure of life seems to boil over--and it does for everyone--Pastor and Grammy-winning musician Smokie Norful has one piece of advice: take the lid off. This concept was inspired by watching his grandmother make her signature dish of sweet rice. When the heat […]
- GFA Relief Team Links with Temple Leaders to Help Flood-Hit Buddhist Community August 10, 2017GFA (Gospel for Asia) leader Dr. K.P. Yohannan assists in 'great act of kindness' supply distributions in wake of severe flooding Contact: Press Relations Office, 972-300-3379, firstname.lastname@example.org WILLS POINT, Texas, Aug. 10, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Gospel for Asia-supported (GFA) workers worked alongside Buddhist priests to bring relie […]
- Hijab Artwork Sparks Controversy August 10, 2017Contact: Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, 212-371-3191, email@example.com NEW YORK, Aug. 10, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Catholic League president Bill Donohue (photo) comments on the reaction to a controversial portrait of the Statue of Liberty: Occasionally, a controversial issue will arise that draws inane comments from all sides. […]
- My Catholic Faith Delivered Partners with Archdiocese of Cincinnati to Offer Online Learning Program, 'Vocare' August 10, 2017Contact: Rich Bartlett, 913-800-6886 CINCINNATI, Aug. 10, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Archdiocese of Cincinnati recently launched their new online learning program for those called to teach the Catholic faith - Vocare. MyCatholicFaithDelivered.com (MCFD) is proud to be the platform powering the Vocare initiative. "We are thrilled to see the engagem […]
- Judicial Watch Victory: Federal Court Orders State Department to Conduct a Search of Benghazi Emails of Hillary Clinton's Closest Advisors August 10, 2017Contact: Jill Farrell, Judicial Watch, 202-646-5172 WASHINGTON, Aug. 10, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ -- Judicial Watch announced that on August 8, 2017, D.C. District Court Judge Amit P. Mehta ordered the State Department State "to search the state.gov e-mail accounts of Huma Abedin, Cheryl Mills, and Jacob Sullivan," former aides of Hillary Clinto […]
Big News Network
- China missionaries seek converts along the Belt and Road August 12, 2017At a Sunday service in an underground church in Beijing, worshippers clap their hands and vow to spread their Christian faith in China, and beyond. "Use me as an
- Polish priests told off over 'infantile' emojis August 11, 2017Over a metre of fresh snow has fallen on the Australian Alps in the past week, making for bumper conditions for visitors to the mountains this weekend....
- Colombia ELN Rebels May Call Unilateral Ceasefire for Pope's Visit August 10, 2017BOGOTA - Colombias Marxist ELN rebels may declare a temporary unilateral ceasefire for Pope Francis visit next month if it fails to reach agreement with the government on a bilateral truce, a guerr
Christian Broadcasting Newwork
- 'This is NOT the Way of the Cross': Christian Leaders Condemn White Supremacism August 12, 2017Christian leaders are condemning and the alt-right movement after the violence in Charlottesville, Va.
- Trump: Americans Must Come Together 'With Love for Our Nation ... and True Affection for Each Other' August 12, 2017"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides," Trump said.
- Virginia Protests Turn Violent; 1 Dead After Car Rams Crowd August 12, 2017Gov. Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency, and police dressed in riot gear ordered people at the rally in Charlottesville to disperse after chaotic clashes between white nationalists and counter-protesters.
- School District Shells Out More Than 100K in Transgender Students' Lawsuit August 12, 2017One school board is paying settlement fees and changing their policy to settle Transgender students' suit.
- ‘The Lord Gave Me the Idea’: After Chemo, Women’s Friends Give Her a Parade August 12, 2017One woman not only surprised her friend, but says she got her idea from God.
- Weary of Nuclear War Talk? Here's 5 Inspirational Stories to Encourage Your Faith August 12, 2017Even though the world is getting more dangerous, God is still at work in people's lives.
- Lightning Strike Leaves Church with a Symbol of Faith August 12, 2017An occurrence of nature is changing the faith of people in one Oklahoma church.
- Does The Eclipse Herald “Signs in this Heavens?" August 12, 2017Every time something like a solar eclipse pops up in the news, there are those who wonder if it’s a sign in the heavens and God’s trying to say something through it. This August 21st total solar eclipse is no different.
- CBN Founder Pat Robertson Suffers Minor Injuries in Horseback Riding Accident August 12, 2017CBN's Pat Robertson falls while horseback riding but doctors say he will be ok.
- Minnesota: Leading the Way in Transgender Student Activism? August 11, 2017Minnesota is encouraging schools to allow transgender students to choose their bathroom, locker room and even hotel room on school trips. The goal, says the state, is to provide a safe environment.
- The Use of Nuclear Weapons Is Inherently EvilNo earthly leader gets the ‘authority to do whatever.’ Much of the world has responded with “fire and fury” to President Donald Trump’s message to North Korea that continued threats will “be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen”—an unmistakable allusion to using nuclear weapons. Given the gravity of this remark, it seems appropriate for onloo […]Mark Galli
- Six Degrees of Separation: Why Our Witness MattersOur lives reach farther than we can imagine. Connectedness is largely taken for granted in today’s world. In many ways, interconnectivity is the air we breathe. Six degrees of separation is a familiar concept to many and it holds a magnifying glass to the relational connections we have. Originally developed in 1929 by a Hungarian playwright named Frigyes Kar […]Kerilee Van Schooten
- Can Robots Be Sexist?How artificial intelligence might reinforce and amplify gender stereotypes. In April of this year, an engineer in China named Zheng Jiajia married a robot he had constructed himself. The robot resembles a young, slender Chinese woman. While the union is not legally recognized, Zheng carried on as if it were by organizing a ceremony and taking wedding photos […]Dorcas Cheng-Tozun
- Defending the Accuracy of Scripture, One Coincidence at a TimeHow the Bible’s little details can pack a big apologetic punch. Asked whether it is rational to believe that Jesus rose from the dead, many of us instinctively turn to what is known, in apologetics, as a minimal facts approach. We’ll note that virtually all scholars of any persuasion will agree with certain basic facts surrounding the resurrection: Jesus was […]Jonathan Ashbach
- The Gospel of Mark ZuckerbergFacebook and others have started to imitate, but can’t replace, church community. From the late 1980s, many churches made the decision to run like businesses and now, in a surprising twist, businesses in 2017 are running like churches. At Facebook’s inaugural Communities Summit earlier this summer, CEO Mark Zuckerberg lauded the role churches historically pl […]Halee Gray Scott
- Patriotism and the Church: Is It Too Much to Ask Churches to Be Careful?Anything that replaces the worship of God is idolatry. I recently wrote an article for Influence Magazine on patriotism and the church and wanted to add a few more thoughts. As we celebrated Independence Day in the United States over the summer, I saw a lot of churches discussing America, God, and the Church, and how they fit together in the context of worsh […]Ed Stetzer
- What We Mean When We Say 'Orthodox Christianity'James K.A. Smith wants to focus on the creeds, not sexuality. But there's more to it than that. Is affirming same-sex sexual relationships as righteous before God a heresy? Even if you believe it’s un-Biblical, are heresy and orthodoxy even the right categories for addressing the problem? Over the weekend, philosopher and Calvin College professor James […]Derek Rishmawy
- North Korea Frees Ailing Canadian Pastor Serving Life SentenceThe Presbyterian minister was arrested on a humanitarian mission in 2015. He returns home due to health concerns. After more than two and half years, North Korea has released a Toronto megachurch pastor the regime imprisoned and accused of attempting to establish a religious state. Though Hyeon-Soo Lim was issued a life sentence to hard labor, his health suf […]Kate Shellnutt
- Too Soon for Perry Noble's Second Chance at Church?NewSpring says its founder, who was fired last year, still isn't qualified to pastor. Pastor Perry Noble’s former megachurch isn’t ready to give him a second chance. So he’s giving himself one. A year after firing Noble over his alcoholism, South Carolina multisite NewSpring Church continues to deem its founding pastor unfit to be restored to the pulpit […]Kate Shellnutt
- One-on-One with Jon Laansma on His New Book on HebrewsAssociate Professor of Ancient Languages and New Testament offers new commentary. I recently interviewed one of my new colleagues, Jon Laansma, associate professor of ancient languages and New Testament at Wheaton College, and author of the new book The Letter to the Hebrews: A Commentary for Preaching, Teaching, and Bible Study. The book was recently releas […]Ed Stetzer
Voice Of The Martyrs News
- Nigeria: Freed Chibok Girls Held August 2, 2017
- Kazakhstan: The Power of Letters July 20, 2017
- Iran: What Made You Hate Me? July 12, 2017
- United States: Dying Boy Gives to VOM July 10, 2017
The Times Of Israel News
- Liberal is Right August 12, 2017My name is Miri Shalem. I am an Orthodox woman of Sephardic descent, married and mother of four children, living in Beit Shemesh, and I am the CEO of the Institute for Zionist Strategies – a research think-tank active in forging a liberal national identity via research studies, educational programs and field activities. My home […]The post Liberal is Right a […]Miri Shalem
- The (big) little things August 12, 2017We last week celebrated our second son’s barmitzvah over a spectacular weekend, overflowing with nachas and filled with song. A personal simcha always lifts the soul. My wife and I had looked forward to our son’s Torah reading, the grand family get-together and the celebration with our beloved community. What I hadn’t anticipated (or hadn’t remembered from [ […]Ari Shishler
- Good Things are Happening on Campus: Hillel Deepens the Connection between American and Israeli Jews August 12, 2017In my four years in the United States, launching Hillel International’s Israel Education and Engagement Department, I have had a front-row seat to some of the biggest issues and debates facing Jewish identity, US Jewish-Israel relations and the future of the Israel cause on campus. I’ve done more than observe; I’ve participated actively in these […]The post […]Shelley Kedar
- Mazel tov, Mr. President August 12, 2017I want to take this opportunity to thank our President for presiding over our country with the same zeal and attention he has given to his own properties over the years, which is to say, with zero interest or concern. I also want to thank him for having advisors in his Administration who are directly […]The post Mazel tov, Mr. President appeared first on The […]Rachel Grenadier
- Jewish Self-Hate August 12, 2017In 1930 Theodor Lessing published a book in Germany entitled “Der Judische Selbsthaas”, Jewish Self-Hate, in which he described how prominent Jewish intellectuals, seeking to gain popularity and full acceptance by Germany’s non-Jews, sought an escape from everything Jewish. Most changed their Jewish-sounding names into German names and avoided any contact wi […]Esor Ben-Sorek
- Rabbi Riskin the first Orthodox rabbi who acknowledges homosexuals’ inherent innocence August 12, 2017Rabbi Riskin’s novel stance was bound to earn criticism. While most Orthodox rabbis nowadays avoid debate when the dismal treatment of homosexual men by Jewish Law is questioned, knowing very well that they hardly have a leg to stand on, Rabbi Avrohom Gordimer never has no such scruple. G-d’s Own pro-Deo Warrior, always ready to […]The post Rabbi Riskin the […]Moshe-Mordechai van Zuiden
- Trump’s Budget Increases Donations to Palestinian Martyr Fund? August 12, 2017*The Trump administration’s 2018 budget calls for a 32 percent reduction (or roughly $19 billion) in America’s generous foreign aid by slashing funding for programs not authorized by legislation or those which have not sufficiently demonstrated a “positive impact.” Yet, the same budget increases funding for the Palestinian Authority (PA), despite the PA’s ro […]David Grantham
- Being Jewish in an Anti-Semitic World August 12, 2017“If you see a suspicious package or activity on the platform or train, do not keep it to yourself. Tell a police officer or an MTA employee. Remain alert and have a safe day.” New Yorkers hear that announcement every single day as they ride the subways. Those words probably just fly by for someone […]The post Being Jewish in an Anti-Semitic World appeared fi […]Anat Ghelber
- Nasser’s Peace: Egypt’s Response to the 1967 War With Israel August 12, 2017Egypt’s crushing defeat at the hands of Israel in the Six Day War created a crisis of confidence in the Egyptian government. Bouncing back from the depths of despair, President Gamal Abdul Nasser reacted to Israel’s victory by political and military means. In Nasser’s Peace: Egypt’s Response to the 1967 War With Israel (Transaction Publishers), […]The post N […]Sheldon Kirshner
- The People’s Court for People Who Make Holocaust Comparisons is now in session August 12, 2017JTA — What you are witnessing is real. The participants are not actors. They are not actual litigants. Nor are they participants. They just happen to be public figures who couldn’t resist making a Holocaust analogy. Neither party has agreed to have their disputes heard here, in our forum, The People’s Court for People Who […]The post The People’s Court for P […]Andrew Silow-Carroll