Helping you to stand up courageously!
Courageous Living: Dare To Take A Stand; A book that is a call for men to stand up, fight back for their faith and get involved with their families written by Michael Catt, Pastor of Sherwood Baptist in Albany Georgia.
I’m a lady that stands up for her faith and I am and will always be involved with my family in that my greatest desire is that my children serve the Lord faithfully while my husband and I follow the path set before us.
I admit that I half-heartedly downloaded the book fromchristianaudio.com. I’m truly glad that I did!
Not only is this book a call for men to “man up” courageously, but ladies, much of it applies to us too.
This book reminds us that we need men to boldly lead the way, following Christ and husbands/dads to hold their family accountable in their actions, owning their mistakes. We need men to courageously stand up for what is right, even if you are standing alone.
The book is filled with example after example of courageous men and women doing what God has called them to do with modern day applications that will encourage the timid, motivate the discouraged and inspire all who read to courageously do more.
Ladies, we are not off the hook here. Much of what is in this book applies to us too. We want men to lead the way, but we resist following them. We use the fact that our husbands don’t go to church to simply stay home because “what’s the use anyway.” We let our children do whatever they want to because it’s such a bother to keep up with them and we wonder why they don’t choose to serve the Lord when they move out. Enough of the excuses…..time to “man up” ladies.
Being a Christian isn’t easy, never has been, but when in your life time have you heard of a stoning in the USA? Sure it’s often not a life of convenience, but neither is anything that is worth having.
Courageous Living is a call to action for each and every one of us.
It’s our choice to boldly stand and choose right courageously. It’s our choice to own up to our responsibilities and make a difference for the Lord. It’s our choice to get involved and be faithful to our local church.
If you don’t like the study groups that are going on, suggest a new one – LEAD a new one, but don’t just be passive about it. DO SOMETHING. Go, be faithful and get involved!
Be courageous….and watch how others around you will gather courage as well.
Will you answer the call? Will you dare to stand?
This book was filled with many lines that I could quote for days.
Get the book and enJOY.
(Ladies, anytime you see the word man or husband – simply replace with woman/wife. WE need this too.)
- We need a new generation of men that don’t look to the corporate as a measure of their success; rather they look into the lives of wives and children.
- We desperately need men who find their significance in faith, family and hard work.
- Greatness is determined by God not by man.
- Life should not be about stuff, it should be about the Savior.
- A life of courage will see what others can’t see and believe what others can’t believe.
- Courage demands a decision.
- The Church can’t resurrect what the family puts to death.
- If fear is contagious then courage is also contagious.
- Fear focuses on obstacles, courage focuses on opportunity. Fear sees with eyes of the flesh, Courage sees with eyes of faith.
- Following Christ should not be multiple choice in your home.
- The faith that once cost people their lives, doesn’t even motivate us to stay faithful to the local church.
- You aren’t a man until you take responsibility and live in accountability.
This audio book is read by Maurice England and is extremely easy to listen to as he reads with passion.
I’ve not seen it as of yet, but I’m sure the movie will be just as good. Watch a trailer of Courageous the Movie here.
Christianaudio has a free audiobook for your downloading pleasure each and every month, as well as gift certificates for the audio book enthusiast in your world.